Monday, January 4, 2016

I'M GETTING DIAGNOSED

A super brief post (without even a title image!), to say that I finally got around to making an appointment with a psychologist to pursue a diagnosis of Asperger's and Attention Deficit Disorder.


I've been planning to call for a while now but kept putting it off until after the holidays. Today I had no excuse, and after leaving my cell phone out in the backyard yesterday and spending nearly half an hour trying to find it, I knew it was time.
 
The call went perfectly fine, but I had such horrible phone anxiety about it before hand that I was flexing and twitching my hands and arms (stimming?) and really had to psych myself up for it. Then the woman had to call me back, which gave me even more anxiety!



It was dreadful. But I survived and hopefully will end up the better for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment